The Shrike, is a flying vehicle in Tribes: Ascend, and requires a light or medium armor. Once purchased, it will spawn on the vehicle pad, and automatically place the player into the aircraft as the pilot, which also controls the weapon. Since only 2 Shrikes are allowed per team (on official servers), if the Shrike is not occupied for 90 seconds, it will explode. The Shrike regenerates energy at a rate of 10 per second.
The Shrike is a very agile vehicle, with only one weapon designed to counter it, the Saber. All explosive weapons deal more damage to Shrikes than anything else, but it can be difficult to land a hit. Automatic weapons and deployable turrets are also a good way to counter a Shrike, while they may not deal a lot of damage individually, they can quickly add up.
In order to cause damage to a player by trying to run them over, the Shrike must be going at least 30 m/s, and will do between 100 - 2,200 damage depending on the speed of the vehicle. If a player is successfully run over, the pilot will earn the Road Kill accolade.
Below are the damage values for the Shrike.
|80 - 160
- The Shrike originates from Tribes 2.
- It is possible to snipe a pilot out of the Shrike.
- Shrikes can outrun a Saber's missile.
- In the alpha, the Shrike could perform loops and barrel rolls, it is unclear why this was removed.
- Due to gimbal lock and weird physics, it is possible to get a Shrike stuck in a corner of the Out Of Bounds grid.
The following accolades can be earned with the Shrike.